Monday, February 10, 2014

Singing celebrations


I recently attended a retirement celebration for a music teacher of mine in high school. Also being celebrated was 25 years of a vocal jazz group that this woman founded. I took vocal music from Grade 10 onwards, and was part of this vocal group for most of my high school career, made lasting friendships from it AND had SO many wonderful experiences, such as travelling to Japan in 1998 to perform. To say the least, Mrs. Nap touched my life in many amazing ways. I was so excited to attend the party and visit with old friends, meet other members of the group from over the years and join in a big sing along in the music auditorium.

Making this card for my former teacher meant that I HAD to incorporate music into it somehow!  This lovely Kaisercraft clear stamp was perfect for embossing in white, then water coloring over. I added sequins from Lawn Fawn as an embellishment, and flicked on some shimmery spray mist (I wish I would have left that part out...oh well).  The sentiment die cut and stamped in black stands out nicely.

It's hard to convey in a card how much love and admiration goes into it, but I I hope it came across to her! I don't sing in public at all anymore, but sure do love to sing at the top of my lungs in the shower, the car, and with my kids. :) To sum it up, "The only thing better than singing, is more singing." -Ella Fitzgerald xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!