Monday, February 24, 2014

Hexagonally Challenged


I'm posting a card today for the Hexagons: Happy for Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!

A crafting trend for awhile now, hexagons are out there in full force...but NOT in my stash so it would seem. I had to DIG through all my embellishments and papers before I found this lovely patterned paper piece in the Wanderlust collection by Studio Calico.

For this card, I used my craft knife and a ruler to cut out one of the hexagons, then backed it on a soft grey card base. I stamped the sentiment, covered it with Wink of Stella glitter and gave it a coating of glossy accents. It's so shiny and glossy and has nice dimension in real life. Looooove! After adding more than a few embellishments, the end result was something a little more fussy than I normally make. Sometimes it's fun to play around outside your crafting comfort zone!

Check out the rest of the links over at the Moxie Fab World and thanks for stopping in!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful & I love the pop of red on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty card and yet it totally hits you in the face with that pop of red! Wonderful card, Marcie!

    Thanks for linking it up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pop of color! congrats on the Moxie shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!