Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hero Arts Birthday Challenge- Metallics

 
Happy Sunday to you all! Today is a GREAT day because I have a nice GOLD card to celebrate the fact that the Canadian Men's hockey team won GOLD this morning at the Olympics! Wooohooo!
 
It was a fun game to watch and we were up at 7 a.m. bright and early on this weekend morning with our coffees (orange juice for the kids!) to cheer on the guys. We were crossing our fingers that they would prove as victorious as the women were a few days ago. We were NOT disappointed! :)
 
Anyway...on to the card! I stamped my candle image in watermark ink on Hero Arts watercolor paper, then embossed it in gold. Then I pressed my Butter Bar ink (from a dauber) right on to my craft mat, and used a teeeeeny bit of water to soften it, then went right over the candle image with a nice, light wash. After that dried I flicked on various ink colours that I had also toned down a bit with water. The sentiment was stamped and embossed in white and watercolored over top with purple. That Neon Purple really lightens up when mixed with a bit of water. All of it was backed on a gold card base. I'm linking this card up to the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge and entering it in the METALLICS category. 
 
Thanks for stopping in on this cheery Sunday, and if you're a fellow Canadian- go Team Canada!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!