Thursday, February 6, 2014

Comfort Zones

 
Today I'm linking up to the Wplus9 birthday celebrations! It's all about creating in your comfort zone using Wplus9 products.
 
What is MY comfort zone? Hm...not sure. This was a good excuse to explore that! I took a look at the last 20 cards or so I've made and decided that my comfort zone definitely includes lots of stamping and various forms of ink, pops of bold colour, and a clean design. Not a LOT of patterned paper (although I do love papers with a graphic look to them), no vintage, nothing too floral or fussy. Mostly clean and graphic, with a hint of the occasional classy and elegant.  OK, so that's MANY comfort zones lol...didn't really narrow it down. What can I say? My comfort zone is trying all kinds of new styles and techniques! :)
 
For this card I used Written on Ribbon- an absolute favourite stamp set of mine to emboss. It looks sooooo pretty embossed in silver (like on this card) or gold. I added a splash of watercolored background by using Picked Raspberry Distress Marker and a wide watercolor brush. I flicked on a bit of spray mist, added some silver thread (a big trend I'm seeing in lots of cards lately!), and then popped my focal piece up using foam dimensionals. All of this was adhered to a lovely white wood grain card base.
 
So while I didn't necessarily finish this card knowing EXACTLY what my comfort zone is I still love the end result. Maybe YOUR comfort zone is like mine- having fun, trying new styles and techniques and getting inky! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!