Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wish Big Candles

 
I'm getting all technique-y around here lately in the lazy days of summer! You should SEE my craft table...there is embossing powder, watercolor markers, crayons, distress stains and so much more littered around.  I have been having FUN.
 
My last post showed stamping on patterned paper and today's card features stamping on vellum. I have a few cute little vellum envelopes kicking around and thought one would be perfect as the focal point on a bright and cheery birthday card. I used Staz On black ink to stamp my sentiment and the candles (slightly off towards the bottom of the envelope) and then heat set it with my heat gun.  Staz On is made for stamping on non-porous and semi-porous surfaces so I really didn't NEED to heat set it, but it's an extra step I took 'just in case'. I then coloured in the candles with Ranger Distress Markers (loooove!) and added some gems.  The end result is a bright, cheery card and you can pop a gift card in the envelope for an extra special treat!
 
I created this fun birthday card for the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! There is some fabulous birthday inspiration in the links there...check em' out! 
 
Supplies:
Stamps: (Wish Big Candles) Hero Arts
Ink: (Staz On Black) Tsukineko; (Distress markers) Ranger
Other: (card base) Pebbles; (vellum envelope) misc.; (ribbon, button) Papertrey Ink; (twine) The Twinery; (gems) Zva

2 comments:

  1. Great card Marcie! What a good idea to to a gift card in the envelope. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcie! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!