Friday, July 5, 2013

EXPLOSIVE!

 
How about a powerful, explosive, wham bam kind of card for today? I should have posted this card YESTERDAY for the American 4th of July celebrations! We are lucky to live very close to the Michigan border and last night were able to drive to watch some fireworks along the St. Clair River. It was a wonderful show and how lucky are we to see 2 firework displays, days apart for Canada Day AND the 4th?!
 
This is an *almost* one layer card...it started as one layer but I trimmed it to fit a red cardstock base because it needed a little oomph, you know what I mean? :) I attempted the rock and roll technique with yellow and orange inks on the starbursts, but I think I was a little too heavy handed so it looks pretty harsh. Practice makes perfect!  
 
Supplies:
Stamps: (Ka-Pow) The Alley Way Stamps
Ink: (black) Tsukineko; (Neon Blue, Butter Bar, Orange Soda) Hero Arts
Markers: (red, orange, yellow) Copic
Cardstock: (white, red) Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!