Monday, June 24, 2013

Sweet as Cherries

 
I'm joining in with the current challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. It's my first time playing along and I found the challenge SUMMER FRUITS super cute.
 
I have been loving the Simon Says Stamp store lately.  I'm sure it's been loving me too (or at least my credit card!).  American Crafts products are the focus this week and I just happen to have several collections to choose from. I paired the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 6x6 collection with a cute stamp from Unity Stamp Co. Paper piecing has long been a favourite technique of mine so that's what I did here to get those cherries looking so pink and sweet!  I actually smudged ink on the top right corner of the card once it was finished, so I took my lesson from the Simon Says Summer School, and covered it up with pearls. I'm learning lots these days. :)
 
Cherry Fest takes place in July in a local community here in Southwestern Ontario and our family looooooves to buy up LOTS of fresh, sweet, juicy cherries! Yum!
 
Supplies:
Stamps: (Bowl of Cherries) Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: (black) Tsukineko
Paper: (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 6x6 collection) American Crafts
Accents: (button) Papertrey Ink; (twine) The Twinery; (pearls) Kaisercraft

3 comments:

  1. Hi! The card that you created is so lovely! Awesome design, patterns and of course those cherries look very yummy! :)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love that sweet bowl of cherries!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love colours and sweet image

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!