Monday, March 25, 2013

Ahoy!

 
My Making Memories Slice machine keeps gathering dust.  It's a nice crafting tool that allows me to die cut all sorts of super cute stuff using the cartridges I have, but I seem to have lots of frustrations with it so that prevents me from pulling it out. I don't like that I have cover the glass plate with adhesive all the time, I have to 'home' it EVERY time I use it or else my die cuts go all wonky and I wish I could do dies larger than 4", their website is constantly changing names so I have to search the web every time I want to look something up, AND I'm perpetually confused by the new cartridges...are they just for fabric, or also for paper?  
 
That not-so-glowing endorsement aside, when I quit whining about it, get it all ready to cut and actually USE it, then I'm usually happy with the results. This cute little boat was cut using the Big Kids cartridge, the sun was a die from MFT, and the 'waves' are actually a PTI heart border die that uses the bottom leftover piece that is NOT part of the heart.
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps: (Bitty Baby Blessings) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Cardstock: (Lemon Tart, Soft Stone) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Little Boy Blue 6x6 collection) Crate Paper
Other: (sun die) My Favorite Things; (Boat) Slice for Making Memories; (heart die) Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, cannot help you with your machine, have Cricut at home! But ship is beautiful! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!