Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
 
I'll admit, I am a BIG romantic. I love a good romantic comedy, I'm a sucker for a cheesy proposal, sniff away at heartfelt country songs, get misty-eyed at older couples holding hands, and my heart especially overflows when I see little kids expressing their love for each other (my kids currently want to marry each other- adorable!).
 
Did I mention I'm married to a NON-romantic?! Bad news for me!  That's why Valentine's Day is important in our household (and I'm sure many other households); it's the one day of the year when a certain husband of mine feels fully comfortable expressing all his love and mushy-gushiness.  Don't get me wrong, he ALWAYS says he loves me, and I KNOW that, but on today of all days, he tries harder to be romantic. :)
 
So in recognizing that he would not fully appreciate a pink, frilly valentine, I tried to create something a little more masculine for him. :) I die cut a heart from white cardstock and used the negative piece trimmed to fit the front of my card. I sprayed it with Plum Thumb spray mist by Studio Calico, and used a matching button for an accent.  The sentiment was embossed with black embossing powder.
 
Supplies:
Stamps: (With all My Heart) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Versamark) Tsukineko
Cardstock: (white, True Black) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (All My Heart from XOXO collection) American Crafts
Other: (Scarlet Jewel button, Limitless Layers Heart die) Papertrey Ink; (twine) The Twinery; (Plum Thumb spray) Studio Calico; (black embossing powder) misc.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS