Thursday, August 9, 2012

50 Shades


Here's a quirky Valentine's Day card I created for a recent publication call for Paper Crafts magazine. It didn't get picked so that means I can show it here! :) It might not make sense to anyone unless you have read the 50 Shades of Grey book trilogy...but I still had fun creating it. 

Don't ask me for my review of the actual book though (Ok, ask me! It was TERRIBLE!).  Seriously, read it for sheer entertainment if you want, but if a good piece of fiction is what you are looking for I'd avoid it.  Yes, it's juicy and spicy, but as a raging feminist I'm not exactly looking for a read that centres on a wimpy, wishy washy, simpering female who allows her partner to hurt her simply for his enjoyment...yeah, not so much. :) 

If DO you want a good book suggestion though (I used to be a librarian and am now just a faithful book lover), I'd recommend the following:


Supplies:
Stamps: (Family Ties) Whimsy Stamps
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Paper: (Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink; ('Direction' from Indie Chic Ginger collection ) My Mind's Eye
Other: Microsoft Word

1 comment:

  1. Love the card.
    Totally agree with a Good House and Still Life!
    Used to be a librarian - did it close?

    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!