Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bikini weather?


Summer has been on my mind all throughout the winter, and now that it's spring I can slowwwwlllly feel it getting closer and closer to beach weather!! Beach weather makes me think of summer themed cards...and creating something that makes me feel like GOING to the beach! Not that this lady is one to wear a bikini on the beach- not a chance!! :)  

I started looking through my dies to see if there was anything I could alter.  I came up with the baby onesie die from Papertrey Ink and thought it would look cute cut apart as a bikini. :) After cutting out the die in white cardstock for the base, I also cut it out in the patterned paper and transparency paper.  I trimmed apart the sections needed from all the papers and glued them to to the white cardstock base. After that I did my stamping and added the other embellishements.  StazOn ink worked perfectly for stamping on the transparency paper as it tried almost instantly and there was no worry about smearing!

Supplies:
Stamps: (Big & Bold Sentiments, Polka Dot Basics) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Raspberry Fizz) Papertrey Ink; (Black StazOn) Tsukineko
Paper: (white, transparency) Papertrey Ink; (Sidewalks collection) October Afternoon
Other: (Baby onesie die, Tiny Tags die) Papertrey Ink; (button, twine) October Afternoon; (scalloped border punch) Fiskars; (gems) Kaisercraft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!