Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are you addicted to Pinterest?

How many of you are on Pinterest?  Oh my goodness...it's been a few months since I've signed up and I admit- I'm addicted to it! I realize it's mostly me pinning things that I'll NEVER get around to making or trying, but hey, to see such beautiful inspiration rocks my world!! I decided to go out a limb last night and actually MAKE something that I saw on Pinterest!!! Can you believe it!? 




Psychedelic cupcakes!  Aren't they so cute...I'm thrilled with how they turned out.  The recipe was disgustingly simple, although a bit time consuming.  It uses a boxed white cake recipe, made just like the box says to.  Then you divide the batter into 6 (or however many colours you want to use) bowls, add food colouring gels to each bowl to get the desired colour, and layer them in the cupcake liners.  The gels work way better than regular food colouring drops as they are much brighter and bolder colours.  I'm going to ice them with simple white icing, and WOW, you should see what one looks like when you bite in to it!!!

Anyway, I'm proud of myself for finally putting my Pinterest skills to work!! :)  Click on my link on the right sidebar to 'follow' me there!

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest and have made a few things that I was inspired to make. You can follow me on Pinterest - just go to my blog - the link is there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!