Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birdie congrats

White embossing powder pops so brilliantly against almost every other colour and I always forget how stunning it can look! The Take Three series by Papertrey Ink lends perfectly to embossing and this pretty little bird from the 'Summer' edition is wonderful for a wedding card.  I used a embossing clean-up cloth to wipe my cardstock first so none of those nasty white particles would show up elsewhere on my card, stamped the image in Versamark and embossed with the powder! The gems were clear to begin with and didn't look quite right, so I used my W-5 marker to colour them the right shade of black.

I hope everyone is falling back into their back to school routines nicely.  We still have a week before my little guy goes back to Kindergarten.  Very exciting! This week will consist of new shoe shopping and of course, a fancy new backpack!  :)


Supplies: 
Stamps: Take Three: Summer (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Versamark (Tsukineko); Copic marker
Paper: White, Blueberry Sky (Papertrey Ink)
Other: gems (Kaisercraft); white embossing powder

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - I LOVE this! Yes, I always forget to use white, but it does give a stunning look to projects. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!