Monday, June 20, 2011

Feelin' Groovy on Father's Day

Excuse the awful picture; I took this with my iPhone in the middle of a very sunny day and it just seems very BRIGHT! But hey, the sunny weather this gorgeous weekend was really appreciated; it was chance to do a bit of gardening and get a little tan! :)
This card was for my dad on Father's Day.  He's a Volkswagen junkie.  No lies, if there is a scrap piece of a Volkswagen bus, truck or bug he will find it!  Here he is with my two goofballs in a car he's restoring.  So needless to say, any sort of stamp that is Volkswagen related will work for him!  Him and my mom invited us over for a delicious prime rib dinner for Father's Day and I brought a homemade cherry cheesecake...mmmm! My dear husband was away on business, so we'll celebrate when he gets home!
I stamped the bus 3 times in different colours, and gave the bottom half of the card a 'grunge' sort of look with different coloured inks.  One layer and still colourful and cool! :)
Supplies:
Stamps: Feelin' Groovy (Taylored Expressions); My Hero My Dad, Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink); Platinum Planet, Night Sky, Turquoise Gem (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Stamper's select white (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Great card!! Now I am thinking about cherry cheesecake.. yum!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!