Sunday, June 12, 2011

All Things Unity Guest Designer for June!

I am SO beyond excited to share a little crafty news with you...I am a guest designer for the month of June over at the All Things Unity challenge blog! Challenges run for two weeks and there is always a sponsor for the month.  Keep in mind, that of course, you need to use only Unity or Ippity stamps on your creation when entering the challenges. 

June's fabulous sponsor is PLAID- the makers of Mod Podge, Folk Art paints and Extreme Glitter products (and waaayyy more)!!! Check out the prize package for one lucky winner!!

Now onto my project... So the challenge this time around is to get MANLY.  I busted out my October 2009 Kit of the Month (one of my faves- a definite 'go to' for me) and created a picture frame of my son...my favourite rock star. :)  I covered the frame with my patterned paper using 'Original Gloss' Mod Podge as my glue, then once dry I trimmed the over handing edges with a craft knife. The tiny paint brushed shown in the prize package work perfectly for this! I stamped on my musical note image with black StazOn ink, then covered the entire frame once again with 'Original Gloss' as a sealer and shiny top coat. I did use a teeny tiny bit of the sparkle Mod Podge as well, but not too much since I wanted it to be MANLY! :) The Original and Sparkle both come in the starter kit shown in the prize pack.  I stamped the guitar onto patterned papers then cut it out and adhered it.  The rest is pretty self explanatory.  Edited to add: The picture of my son Jake was done by Glenda Cochran- click on the link to see her fabulous work!

I do know that anytime I want to alter anything from now on- I'll be using Mod Podge products.  They are versatile and easy to use and a little goes a long way!

Head on over the All Things Unity challenge blog to get all those fine details about entering this challenge and play along with us! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Guitar, musical notes, sentiment from Oct. 2009 KOM (Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink: Black StazOn (Tsukineko); White gel pen (Sakura)
Adhesive: Mod Podge original, gloss, sparkle (Plaid)
Paper: Joy Ride collection (Cosmo Cricket)
Other: Twine, button (Papertrey Ink); Star punch (Fiskars); rhinestones (Kaisercraft); paint brush (Plaid)

1 comment:

  1. This came out just so awesome!!! I love what you did. I just know that your son did too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!