Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lack of mojo and a book pick

Okay, I admit, I'm being lazy...but I have a serious lack of mojo going on, so a few stickers slapped on some cardstock will have to suffice. :) I'm hoping to get back into the creative side of things this week. I've had sick kids, work stuff, family stuff, blah, blah, blah, you know how it goes!! All seems to be quieting down now though (cross fingers) so I am looking at my little crafting corner with much hopefulness!

In non-cardmaking news, I've mentioned here before I'm a librarian at the local small town library and tonight was our first book club meeting (very exciting for me!!) and we chose our first selection. A teen (or YA) pick actually, which will be nice for those of us who have never been in a book club before- something light and mostly cheery, to get us started before we get into the juicy, heavy reading that will produce lots of discussion! Here's our pick: Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti. I've actually read it before (as a librarian I try to read mostly anything my patrons like...especially the kids and teens so I can try to relate! haha) and I'd count it as one of my top 10 books. :) It's a nice, easy read with a lot of smiles.


Supplies:

Stamps: Boards & Beams (Papertrey Ink)

Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Chamomile (Papertrey Ink)

Paper: Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)

Other: Stickers from Love Lives Here collection (Echo Park)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestion... you have probably read Steig Larson's trilogy but I am reading a similar author called Jo Nesbo (worth checking out if not popular in Canada yet)... good stuff!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!