Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vintage brooches

A loooong time ago I bought a few beautiful brooches from my mother-in-law. I admit when I saw them I wasn't thinking about how lovely they'd look on a sweater, but on a CARD instead! :) I made sure to ask if she minded me using them on cards before I started cutting them up! :) Definitely use heavy cardstock for your card base as the brooch will weigh the card down, and LOTS of glue dots to secure it on. It adds a nice focal point without any heavy stamping or other images taking away from the elegance of the card. Thanks for looking today friends...I'm off to do some crafty shopping with my mom today at Scrappin' Great Deals- always fun! Supplies: Stamps: Love Lives Here set (PTI) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Chamomile (PTI) Cardstock: Spring Moss (PTI) Patterned Paper: collection unknown (My Mind's Eye) Other: Vintage Cream ribbon, twine (PTI); Bow Easy tool; vintage brooch

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love!