Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stash Challenge #9- Backgrounds!

Another challenge day over at Some Odd Girl! Run on over to the challenge blog and see what the design team has created for you this time around... I really had to think hard about this one- using images from the store to create a BACKGROUND! Hmmmm...could it be done? :) I think so!

I opened Fluffy Love in my photo editing program (Microsoft Digital Image Suite) and made sure the image was small enough that it would look 'right' when repeated over and over on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. Then I copied and pasted it to fill an entire sheet, printed it off, and coloured it in to match with my other designer papers.

Voila! My own fancy background. I also added some daubs of Stickles here and there for sparkle and shine. Poor Sunny Rays nice smile was covered up for this card...darn. I had enough pretty paper left over I used it up for a tag! What a nice combo!


Supplies: (card)
Stamps: Sunny Rays, Fluffy Love, Happy Birthday digital images (Some Odd Girl)
Ink: Copic Markers; Chamomile tea dye ink (PTI)
Cardstock: White (PTI)
Designer Paper: Vintage Blue collection (We R Memory Keepers)
Other: Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

Supplies: (tag)
Same as card except with- rub-on sentiment (Basic Grey); Scalloped and regular rectangle punch (Marvy); ribbon (misc.); hole punch (Cropadile)

3 comments:

  1. I love that card/tag combo and the colours you have chosen are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this card is just TOO fabulous, Marcie! the colours are so pretty, the repeated Fluffy Love is just a great idea, and i LOVE Sunny Rays hiding behind the sentiment. i MAY have to borrow this idea sometime, maybe for a card where a happy smiley-faced sun won't quite work, ya know? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcie!

    This is such an adorable pair! I love that you used the sun and the rainbow AND the sentiment!
    Fab

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!