Friday, September 3, 2010

Teacher's Apple

Just one more week until my little buddy starts Junior Kindergarten...how am I ever going to survive that?! I can't imagine my sweet, smiley son getting on a big ol' school bus. I have a feeling his sister is going to be crying alongside me that day- only hers will be because SHE wants to go too! :) I have only heard fabulous, delightful things about his teacher though so that helps AND she sent Jake a letter in the mail this summer with a picture of herself, telling him all about their classroom and what to expect. Very nice! Of course, we had to send her a card back!

The focal point of the card uses an image from All Booked Up stamped in Summer Sunrise, and the coordinating Mat Stack 3 die. Both the apple and the teacher sentiment are from Teacher's Apple. That very cute alphabet pattern is from School Time and was stamped in Dark Chocolate. Harder to see, but still there is the 'back to school' stamped on the Kraft cardstock in Antique Linen ink. Glitter up that apple, ink all edges and done!

I realize that a LOT of my cards are Papertrey Ink 'heavy' lately, but honestly, I feel that the quality they offer is second to none, and when all my supplies coordinate like theirs do, why reach for anything else? :) Of course, unless I'm using the EVER adorable Some Odd Girl digi images. :)

Supplies: (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: School Time, Teacher's Apple, All Booked Up
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, tea dye duo inks, Pure Poppy, New Leaf; Antique Linen (Ranger)
Paper: Kraft, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream
Other: Mat Stack 3 die; Stickles (Ranger); foam dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!