Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gracious Hostess

My mother-in-law has us over for supper every Sunday night. Yes, every Sunday night, barring any unforseen circumstances, or invites elsewhere, or illnesses we pile in the car and drive oh, about 10 minutes, to her house where she slaves over a hot stove or barbecue for my family, and my brother-in-law's family. This folks, is the highlight of my week. I count the days until Sunday at 4 p.m. when we all get together for some family fun. We ARE a fun bunch- nobody can make me laugh as hard as my brother-in-law can, or make me smile like my darling nephew...or fill my belly like my mother-in-law can!! It's not a requirement that we attend ( a la Gilmore Girls Friday nights) but who wouldn't want to? We just love each other that much! :)

So every once in awhile I like to take her something to thank her for her hospitality and her love. This time around it was a set of fall-ish napkins and a decorative coaster with a cute saying about wine on it (don't tell her I told you this, but I have seen an empty bottle or two laying around...) :) See, nothing fancy, but a little "I love you" just the same.

I wrapped it up with twine and added a tag to it made from Nestabilities. Use your rectangle Nestabilities to cut out the cardstock, then run it through again with the Labels Four die- using only the top part of the die (it's hard to explain but I can't seem to find a tutorial anywhere that I can link up). After stamping my various backgrounds I added some wrinkle ribbon and a button and attached it using the twine. AND....drumroll please...she loved it! :)

Supplies: (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style, Turning A New Leaf, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Chamomile and Chai Tea Dye Duo, Terracotta Tile, Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Rustic Cream
Other: Terracotta Tile button, twine; wrinkle ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love!