Monday, September 13, 2010

Creating my own patterned paper

My mother-in-law was invited to a wedding this past Saturday and asked me to create a card for her that matched the invitation she received. Well, I thought I had the same patterned paper but alas, I used it all and had to come up with something on my own! Not a problem for this stamper...it's all fun!

I arranged a few of the flowers and leaves from In Bloom onto a large acrylic block and stamped them randomly in Vintage Cream ink onto Simply Chartreuse paper. Then I sprayed the cardstock with Pearl Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Lovely! It almost looks like the original paper- close enough that my dear MIL was happy with the result! That lovely decorative bracket comes from the Vintage Labels set, and I was so happy to find that it fit perfectly where I needed it!

Supplies:
Stamps: In Bloom, Big & Bold Wishes, Vintage Labels (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Black (Staz On)
Paper: Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery pink, shimmery cream (The Paper Company)
Other: gems (Kaisercraft); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Pearl glimmer mist (Tattered Angels)

2 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady Marcie! That is one awesome card. Lovely colors for the invites btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!