Saturday, August 14, 2010

Masculine mania

Masculine cards...I think a lot of us struggle with these...me especially! Whenever I start creating a card for a man's birthday, etc. I always have grand plans, and they usually fall short. I feel like they are always left looking a little plain and bare. Well, I'm not going to stop trying; I WILL master the masculine card! :)

Here are 2 samples of my latest creations for da' boys.

The first one is bold and spotty (Dot Spot anyone!?) with a splash of red. The border around the white text box is hand drawn with a marker.
The next card is a little more subtle with it's nature themed background pattern and softer, natural colours. I stamped the compass image from Father Knows Best on the label and the sentiment over top.

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
CARD ONE
Stamps: Dot Spot, CHA 2010 set
Ink: True Black, Pure Poppy; Marker (Zig)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White
Other: staples (Making Memories); ribbon (misc.)
CARD TWO
Stamps: Father Knows Best; backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Chamomile
Paper: Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream
Other: Ribbon (misc.); Nestabilities (Spellbinders); staples (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!