Saturday, June 12, 2010

The FIRST SOME ODD GIRL blog hop!!

Welcome to the FIRST Some Odd Girl Blog Hop!

We are happy you've joined us and I know the Oddies have a ton of goodies to show you! So just take the journey thru the blogosphere and not only will you see some lovely projects but you will get some sneaks of our June 15th release!

So Start your hop at the Some Odd Girl Challenge blog and make some Odd stops on each of our Odd Girls' blogs ending up at Kristy's blog.

Some Odd Girl Blog - START HERE!
Leah
Robin
Shelly
Jen
Marcie--YOU ARE HERE!
Ann
Kimmy
Kristy- END HERE!

AND if you leave all the Oddies a lil' love (Please comment!!) you may just win our WHOLE June 15th release!

Some of you have probably seen these flowers I've been making lately...here, here and here. :) I love pulling out my circle punches and creating my own embellishments. It doesn't take long, and the result is beautiful and you don't need to root around your stash for a pre-made matching flower!! Follow along so you can run off to your craft corner and start making some of your own!!

Here are the supplies you will need: A circle punch; a 1/2" circle punch; adhesive; scrap paper; designer paper; distress ink







1. Punch a circle (you can use scrap paper- you won't see it at all) and cover one side with adhesive of some sort. I use Scor Tape or my glue ring.






2. Punch enough 1/2" circles for your flower (For a 3 layer flower: 10 circles for outside row, 9 for next one, 7 for inside row) and starting with the outer row, layer them around the edge of the scrap punched circle, gently folding them up as you go.





3. Repeat with all punched 1/2" circles until all are layered around circle, staggering them as you go. I have only shown half of the flower completed so you can see how I staggered them.






4. Inked edges with distress ink (if desired) and add centre piece- sometimes I use a simple 1/2" punched circle of a coordinating colour, other times I use a brad or decorative piece of some sort.




Here is the finished result- a pretty handmade embellishment to decorate my card using HOOT (to be released June 15th)!! Thanks for stopping to look and now it's time to carry on to Ann's blog!!


Supplies: Hoot (digi from Some Odd Girl); 'Thanks' from Mega Mixed Messages, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, white cardstocks, Chamomile ink (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Crate Paper); Copic markers, Spica glitter markers (Copic); 1/2" circle punch (SU!); circle punch (EK SUccess)

So why not be ODD? You have until 2pm EST on Sunday, June 13 to make the entire hop. We will be choosing our winner that evening!

26 comments:

  1. Marcie, This is such a fun card, and a fun tutorial! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! What a fun use of a circle punch! Def going to have to try that. CUTE owl, oddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Marcie! :D Love the flower tutorial! Thanks for sharing that!!

    hugs from Amanda in Ontario too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcie Totally lush card and the technique is just fab thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Marci, now that is one fabulous tip! Guess what i will be trying soon!

    Love that card also, I totally need that digi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card!! love the tutorial on your fabulous flowers!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcie-
    I thought I was the only one that did flowers like that!!! I like it!!! I really like your card...very cute!!

    Calypos

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG whodda thunk....flowers with a punch! Thanks for the tip. I just learned how to make buttons with a punch, NOW flowers! Great card! Great Flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and love the flowers! I made the 'flower pot' card recently and these flowers would definitely go with that!! Thanks for the fun:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcie, thanks so much. I love the card and the flower. I will be using them in my next projects.
    Thanks again, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful! love the flower you made. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a hoot on the tutorial. Card is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flower Marcie... way too complicated for me, lol... I like em nice and easy, BUT awesome creativity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving all of these tutorials! Your handmade flowers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, I am in heaven! Thank you for the tutorial on the handmade flowers!!!!! I love them! You card is fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow learned something new tysm for sharing and what a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice! thanks for sharing the flower tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww... great tutorial! I saw them but never realize how it's made. OMG! Thanks so much for the tutorial!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this flower tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing it!! So so cute!! And Hoot is a HOOT! Hopping along now!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card Marcie, and I love your handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that flower is fantastic, thanks for sharing!! Cheers, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous!! love the owlie..and great flower. good way to use some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your creative chaos! great cards! Happy Blog Hoppin'!
    alecia
    freakalecias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!