Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful dad's out there. I myself have a fabulous dad! Seriously- he's the best! He likes to stop in for quick visits practically everyday (my husband and I bought a farm next door to my parents) to see his grandkids...sometimes he gets so wrapped up with MY kids, that I have to remind him to say hi to me too!!

Dad LOVES Volkswagen's...this car from Enjoy the Ride looks close enough to one that I knew I would use it for his card this year. I also used the little compass from Father Knows Best. When dad popped in tonight to say hi to the kids, Jake said, "Grandpa, we made a card with a Volkswagen on it for you!!" (so excited about it!) Dad just laughed and told Jake that was probably supposed to be a secret until tomorrow...oh well, we had a good laugh anyway!

Supplies:
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride, Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink); For the Men (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: True Black, Hawaiian Shores, Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Spica glitter marker (Copic)
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, True Black, Kraft, Dotty Biscotti designer paper (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Hawaiian Shores button (Papertrey Ink); gem (Doodlebug Design); Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
Here's a picture of my dad and I last October at a wedding we all attended for a family friend...ignore my wide open mouth- it's hereditary- both dad and I (and now Jake) are known for our constant visiting! Clearly I couldn't close my mouth long enough for the picture to be taken! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!