Saturday, May 1, 2010

National Scrapbook Day!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!! One of my favourite days of the year...after National Card Making Day of course. And Christmas. And my birthday. And...well, it's one of my faves anyway. I'm celebrating by leaving my kids with the ever-trusty babysitter (Thanks Ashley!) and heading off to Scrappin' Great Deals with my mom. :)

Since it is a day for us papercrafters to celebrate I thought I'd show you a scrapbook page- seeing as I rarely EVER do that! I couldn't resist Noel Mignon's latest kit PLAYDATE. I follow her blog on Facebook and every once in awhile I'd see an update about how many kits were left and I have to admit, once those numbers got down into the single digits I knew I wasn't going to be able to resist buying one. It was a debate as to whether I truly needed ALL that stuff, but the fun colours, patterns and samples I saw from the design team changed my mind! With only 5 kits left I clicked 'BUY'...haha.

I used one of Jana Eubanks' fabulous sketches (just like with cards, I almost always use a sketch for inspiration) and went from there. Let me tell you...the stuff in this kit is unreal. Paper and other product from a variety of companies that all seem to coordinate...a scrapbookers dream! I am definitely going to check out the next kit...saving my pennies! :) The pics are of my little sweety- Jake. This was Easter Monday while he was busy finding hidden Easter eggs at my mom and dad's place. I'm not going to list supplies; everything is from the Playdate kit which you can see on www.noelmignon.com The only 'extras' I did was using my scalloped border punch on a strip of paper, and my tea dye inks to distress all edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!