Monday, May 24, 2010

Fishing fun, fireworks and flourishes

I hope all my Canadian friends had a happy and safe holiday weekend! We sure did. Our little town's annual fishing derby was on Sunday afternoon down at the river and my kids really enjoyed themselves running around and visiting with the neighbours. They were too little to do any fishing this year, not to mention my husband is away and this momma is not one to bait a hook...ew! It is one of my favourite days of the year! :)

Here's a picture of my two sweeties enjoying a cold treat after a long afternoon in the sun (thank goodness for sunscreen!!). And of course, my little 'fisherwoman' holding her pole (no hook on it of course!). Aren't they adorable?? :)
Afterwards we made our way across the road to our neighbours who always host a potluck barbecue and put on some fireworks...it's always my excuse to test out a new frozen dessert recipe and catch up with old friends. I just love where we live. :)

This card was for a bridal shower...not very bright or colourful, yet still pretty. I used a sketch from the recent Go-To Sketches magazine and paired it with Basic Grey Origins papers. The flourish was a leftover accent from the Origins scrapbook kits- how handy! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Scattered Showers (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Chai (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink); Origins 6x6 pack (Basic Grey)
Other: Flourish, decorative brad (Basic Grey); circle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!