Monday, May 17, 2010

Enjoy the Ride on your birthday!

Not the best picture folks, sorry. Gloomy days here last week and I was too lazy to get my photo box out. I just LOVE all the April releases from Papertrey Ink and I'm finally getting around to playing with some of them. It's about time! That woodgrain background is just too fabulous- I can see SO many possibilities! The best part about the cute Enjoy the Ride set is all the fun sentiments you can stamp on the license plate; this set can be used for almost any occasion you can think of! This card was easy to make and doesn't have a lot of 'fuss or muss' but I think the background and main image let the card shine for itself!

Details- I paper pieced the car on to Dotty Biscotti designer paper and cut it out (the die cut wasn't available at the time I purchased the set, but I have it on order now), and used a black marker to draw in the little wavy line/road. I also punched out the headlights using a 1/4" circle punch, and coloured them with a clear Spica glitter marker.

Supplies: (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride, Background Basics: Woodgrain
Ink: New Leaf, Chai, Dark Chocolate; Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); black marker (Zig); Spica glitter (Copic)
Paper: Kraft, New Leaf, Dotty Biscotti
Other: 1/4" circle punch (SU!)

1 comment:

  1. Love this so much - definitely casing it!! Green is my favorite colour (sang in my best Prince voice!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!