Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Mother's Day card!

Just one more Mother's Day card to show you before the big day. I have a new found love for October Afternoon 8x8 paper pads. Oh WOW are they ever gorgeous!! :) You can see I've been using them a lot lately.

The general idea of this card is based off of an old one of Lisa Johnson's. I used one of her cards as my inspiration for a previous Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, and loved the sketch so much, I've used it again. You can see her original card AND my other interpretation here.

I wasn't the only one who was happy with card- my dear mother-in-law was browsing through my card collection (oh please tell me the rest of you have 100 or so cards laying around too!) and picked this one out for her mom. I'm glad someone else can get enjoyment out of my creations! :)

Right now I'm starting to wonder if I'm crazy, but I'm going to take some of my supplies to the local library today where I work, and let the kids use them to make Mother's Day cards...don't worry, I've gone through my stash and they are only using stuff I never use anymore! :) They are going to be making a flapfold card using this tutorial.

Supplies:
Stamps: Because of You (Verve Visual)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Chai (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Pure Poppy, Melon Berry, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Thrift Shop 8x8 papers (October Afternoon)
Other: Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); flower (Making Memories); gems (Kaisercraft); Scalloped border punch (SU!); Pure Poppy ribbon (Papertrey Ink); foam dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww! Love this card! And its super sweet of you to take the supplies for the kiddos! I'm sure their mom's will love made by tiny hands cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!