Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vintage birthday

I made this birthday card for my husband's grandma who is a very special lady. I know that most grandmas are special ladies to many of us, but I really love my grandma-in-law; she is just warm, friendly and funny. AND she loves antiques and all things vintage so I when I found this dress form stamp by Impression Obsession in my stash I knew I had to use it for her birthday card!

I paper pieced the dress with The Thrift Shop papers by October Afternoon (GASP! How gorgeous are these papers!?), adding some colouring with Copic markers particularly to the sash, roses and leaves. I just kept wanting to add touches of everything 'vintagey' that I had, so I eventually had to restrain myself and stop!

Supplies:
Stamps: Feminine Form (Impression Obsession); 2008 Anniversary set (Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Chamomile (Papertrey Ink); Copics
Paper: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Thrift Shop (October Afternoon)
Other: flower (Making Memories); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); ribbon (Ellen Hutson); Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me some love!