Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Odd Girl Challenge Day!!

Today's the big day- the 2nd challenge over at the Some Odd Girl Challenge blog. Every other Thursday we'll be bringing you alternating 'Stash and Style' challenges. Last time it was a fabulous rainbow inspiration challenge- this time it was a fabulous sketch to work with! This is one sketch that is going to be used over and over. I really liked working with it, and you'll probably see LOTS of cards in the next little while with similar elements to the sketch. On reading this, do you think I used the word SKETCH enough?? :) Anyway...on to the card!!

I used the ever sweet Love Birds paired with the colour purple *gasp*! I think this is a colour a lot of paper crafters have trouble using...myself included. I decided to be brave and go for it...haha. I inked all edges, and created the little tag that the LOVE is stamped on myself. I almost out of those lovely American Craft Thickers in sparkly purple...I just LOVE them!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Love Birds (Some Odd Girl); Mega Mixed Messages, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Plum Pudding, Chai, Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Copic markers; Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, white (Papertrey Ink); Green at Heart 6x6 pack (Basic Grey)
Other: Thickers (American Craft); Scalloped border punch (SU!); heart punch (EK Success); ribbon (Papertrey Ink); brads (Bo Bunny); Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Marcie! Love the glittery letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh I *heart* those birds and I *heart* your colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!