Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SOME ODD GIRL RELEASE DAY!!!

Are you as excited as I am?? It's finally here...Some Odd Girl spring release day!!! Wahooo!! Today there are a total of 33 digi images being released and they are so SO CUTE! I have 4 cards to show you using some of these new images, so I'm going to get started and fill you in on the details!! :)

This TREE is just TOO FABULOUS! Ohhhh the possibilities! You already saw a sample on Sunday's post here. My attempt at colouring this tree in non-traditional colours didn't quite work out the way I wanted...still practising lots with those Copics! I added the glitter by using my glue pen, dabbing it where I wanted it, and gently sprinkling the Art Glitter on. Isn't the new Green at Heart line by Basic Grey is just divine...
Supplies:
Stamps: Tree (Some Odd Girl)
Ink: Copics markers; Chai (Papertrey Ink); Vintage Photo distress ink (Tim Holtz for Ranger)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); Green at Heart 6x6 designer paper (Basic Grey)
Other: gems (Zva); glitter (Art Glitter); button, twine (misc.); branch (SU!)
RAIN CLOUD is one of my fave images from the spring release line. So versatile! I paired it with a sentiment from Rain or Shine by My Favorite Things that I thought fit well. I used my BG0000 Copic marker to trace around the cloud to make it appear 'whiter'. I kept this card simple, with a bright pop of colour meant to bring cheer! I adhered the ribbon using Scor Tape, and used a glue dot to attach the bow and ribbon separately.


Supplies:
Stamps: Rain Cloud (Some Odd Girl); Rain or Shine (MFT)
Ink: Spring Rain, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink); Copic markers
Paper: white, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink); Blue (Bazzil); blue glitter paper (Doodlebug Designs)
Other: Orange Zest button, Spring Rain ribbon(Papertrey Ink); twine (misc.); border punch (Fiskars); foam dimensionals

LOLLI is too cute and yummy looking- very sweet and sugary, perfect for pairing with Basic Grey's Two Scoops designer paper. The Copic colouring I did by blending, blending, blending, and then blending some more :) Not sure if it shows up in the picture, but I dabbed Diamond Stickles on top of each brad for a little extra 'bling'. I love how this card turned out so sugary and sweet- exactly what I was going for!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lolli (Some Odd Girl); Another Sweet Day (Unity Stamp Company)
Ink: Copic markers; Sweet Blush, Chamomile (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); Two Scoops 6x6 designer paper (Basic Grey)
Other: brads (Basic Grey); 1/2" punch (SU!); flourish diecut (Sizzix); Stickles


These LOVE BIRDS were so fun to colour- lots of variations that you could use. I think these two could be true loves, or maybe even a mommy and baby bird...what do you think?? I coloured them with Copic markers and paired with papers from DCWV. The little flower at the bottom was done using my 1/2" circle punch and Scor Tape.

Supplies:
Stamps: Love Birds digi (Some Odd Girl)
Ink: Copic markers; Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); Citrus (DCWV)
Other: gems (Michael's); Summer Sunrise ribbon (Papertrey Ink); 1/2" circle punch (SU!); bauble (K & Co.); Scor Tape
Thanks for looking everyone! I hope you have found something to inspire you. Now it's time to check out the other design team members and their creations, if you haven't already. And then of course, head over to Some Odd Girl and get some for yourself!! Come back on the 25th so you can see our first challenge!

2 comments:

  1. oh my GOOMIE, Marcie! you do AMAZING things with the Some Odd Girl images! these are all FANTASTIC!!

    i was TOTALLY seeing Lolli with the Two Scoops line, too! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it! I put a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention, sparkle on!

    info@artglitter.com
    http://www.artglitter.com
    http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!