Thursday, February 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop night!!


This is one of my favourite nights of the month!! Other than 'date night' with my husband of course... :) This month's theme for Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop is Design Team Appreciation- essentially, recreating a favourite card or project that one of the talented design team members has done.



WELL- holy moly! Was it ever hard to pick just ONE!!! I bet you all had the same problem! In the end I decided to go with Lisa Johnson's beautiful 'Button Bike' card from the July 2009 release. This is her original card on the right, and my version below on the left.



I kept the same layout and all the 'elements' are still there. I used Blooming Button Bits instead of Everyday Button Bits, a different polka dot pattern from Polka Dot Basics, different designer paper and colour scheme.

I like how it turned out! Very soft and feminine...thanks for the wonderful inspiration Lisa!!




Supplies:
Stamps: Blooming Button Bits, Polka Dot Basics
Ink: Chamomile, Lavender Moon, Ocean Tides
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon, Kraft, Pretty Pastels designer paper
Other: Aqua Mist ribbon; clear buttons (misc.); twine (misc.); scalloped border punch (SU!); corner rounder (Marvy); foam dimensionals (misc.)


38 comments:

  1. So soft and beautiful! I love the colors! Great job with the challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on Lisa's card!! Pretty soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in your card are amazing! It's just lovely. Can I CASE your CASE? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, this is so pretty!! Love your take on this challenge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout - love the soft and subtle look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! The soft colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feminine card, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty, I love the lovely, soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked one of my favorite Lisa cards and your take on it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very soft & pretty! Great job channeling Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous use of colors and Lisa's layout...awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the softness of your card! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, love the colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - so soft and pretty!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really awesome adaptation of Lisa Johnson's card! Wonderful job. I can't wait to discover more lovelies on your blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you kept the layout but changed the colors & focal image. Made it uniquely yours and did such a great job! It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors on your card ........ the button flowers are perfect for the layout. You did a beautiful job on your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marcie, your card is so very pretty!! I love the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the soft spring colors you chose for your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty. That's the way to make it your own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your choice of colors--so soft and pretty! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great take on Lisas card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the soft colors you chose. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice color choice. Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that color combo! really have to use that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute, cute, cute!!! I love the color combo that you used! This card is adorable! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card. The soft colors are so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful Mother's Day card. Your color combo is so soft and feminine. Nice job making Lisa's card your own!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!!! I loved your card. It is just so soft and elegant and of course gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. love your colours and take on the inspiration card!! I love stamping sentiments on kraft!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!