Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mrs. and Mrs. Cupcake Challenge

Another fabulous Cupcake Challenge (#47 to be exact) over at the Hope Stamps Eternal blog. I love the soft sweetness of these cupcakes...so pale, pretty and crafty with all those buttons and spools.

I chose to use similar colours for my card and the flower that I created is my attempt at mimicking the 'swirls' of the cupcake icing. And of course, a button to finish it off.

I used my 1" circle punch to cut out the cardstock circles and a Super Jumbo scalloped circle punch (the blue one from Marvy) for the base. I added Scor Tape all around the base, and then started sticking the circles on, slightly bending them upwards. I did this until the circles covered the base entirely, then used a glue dot to hold the button in place. My final touch was adding a bit of ink to the edges of the circle for a vintage look.

Supplies:
Stamps: Big & Bold Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Sweet Blush, Chamomile (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); other (Bazzil)
Other: Button (misc.); scalloped circle punch (Marvy); 1" circle punch (EK Success)


1 comment:

  1. wow, I adore that flower, beautiful....great job....have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!