Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A little bird told me...

This was a very simple card to make in little time and I love the end result! It was for my mother-in-law's recent birthday (she won't tell us her age) and she had a good laugh when opening it up, as a bird had flown into her house earlier that afternoon when she opened her door- causing a quite a ruckus!! :) Very coincidental!

Details: I stamped the leaf pattern in Aqua Mist on the Basic Grey paper and added the sentiment and bird in Dark Chocolate ink over top. I stamped the bird a second time on scrap designer paper paper, cut out the wing and adhered it, covering it with Stickles. After inking the edges and adding a GORGEOUS brad from the Nook and Pantry collection I glued it all down to the main panel.

Supplies:
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf (Papertrey Ink); sentiment (Amuse); bird (Mocha Chica by Kim Hughes for CHF)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Chai (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Nook and Pantry collection (Basic Grey)
Other: Stickles (Ranger); brad (Basic Grey)

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love!