Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Robin!

ETA: I have NO idea why this picture has ended up so small...I guess you should click on it to get the "bigger picture" so to speak...

This birthday card is for my daughter Robin who turns ONE on Monday! Holy moly, how time flies! She is such a sweet little doll and so much fun. I can already tell she will go on to do great things...enough mushy mommy talk. :)

I used Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Challenge #42 for my inspiration for this card. Lots of peachy-tones, swirls and girlyness. I paper pieced the cupcake base with Pretty Pastels designer paper, and added LOTS of glitter to the top of the cupcake instead of colouring it.

Supplies:
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Women of Life (PTI)
Ink: Melon Berry, Chamomile (PTI); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Paper: Melon Berry, Vintage Cream, Pretty Pastels designer paper (PTI)
Other: Melon Berry button (PTI); glitter (Making Memories); Ribbon (misc.); Divine Swirls embossing folder (Provo Craft); scalloped border punch (SU!); foam dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. WOW...Stunning! Love the clean lines and white with the pops of color! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie,
    This is a beautiful card! I love the crystals - and am SO glad I enlarged it to get a better look!!! Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card for your little sweetie. Great texture and the nice white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!