Saturday, July 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop!

Wahoo! Another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!! Soooo excited. Here is this month's challenge:
"I'd like to see your twist on anything text integrated into a fun project! Cut it, punch it, tear it, distress it, paint it, ink it, brayer it, stamp it, stitch it, layer it. Use it as a background, border or a focal point. Use several text styles on one project or just focus on a single look. Try a technique layered on top of text like emboss resist or watercoloring. You could even run it through an embossing folder."


Soooo- here is MY card for the challenge. There are no fancy details to this one. Pretty straightforward, and it could be used for any occasion. My only downfall...I ran out of Lemon Tart cardstock and had to use Bazzil for the yellow bird, but everything else is Papertrey Ink! :) In case I have to shout it out loud to you the text is the Cuttlebug embossed background :) :) Have a great night everyone and I can't wait to see all your projects!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise (PTI); Yellow (Bazzil)
Ink: Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Other: Bird die cut (Sizzix); Scarlet Jewel button, Scarlet Jewel ribbon (PTI); Pearls (Kaiser); Embossing folder (Cuttlebug/Provocraft); Ticket punch (SU!)

31 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment on this beautiful card! Love how you used the embossing folder for your text print! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card - I love how the CB text worked into your card so well. The card is bright and cheerful :-) Hope your computer gets back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the embossed text background and how it works with your other details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cheerful! What a happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a clever idea using the embossed text background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice idea with the text for this card. Nice looking blog...happy to follow along. Hope you will stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Great way to use the Cuttlebug Script EF! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, I like that large bird, set off very well on the script background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it & I have 2 large birds just begging to be used!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job. I love that cuttlebug embossing folder too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your mom posted your link on the forum....so that I could come visit.....because, your card is really wonderful! Love the elegant text with the pretty yellow bird atop! :>

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I'd panic too!!!

    its really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty colors! I like the embossed background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a happy cheery card!! That bird is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The white embossed background is so striking. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!! looks a bit fancy to me!! :) those are great colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a classy card - I love the embossed text background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you used the text! Gorgeous card! Best wishes from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool card--love the yellow bird!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun color combo. Super fun and fresh use of text.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great colors. The embossed text is the perfect touch -- and yellow birds just say "happy"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!