Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For a Gracious Hostess

Sorry I have been a bad blogger this week!! My hubby travels for work and is home for a few days, so we're busy spending time together, with the kids, and doing much needed spring cleaning and yard work!!! :) Lucky him!

I made this vase using an empty plastic tube from a gift Jake received. I saw the packaging and thought..."Hmmm I can use that!" I'm sure us crafters think that a lot!

I used K & Company Wild Saffron paper for the 'vase' part, with Lemon Tart and Ocean Tides ribbon as an accent. The tag was cut from a Spellbinders Shapeabilities set (Tags 5), while the sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages stamped in Pure Poppy. I actually used the little polka dots from Polka Dot Basics first, stamped in Ocean Tides, then stamped the sentiment over top. Twine is misc. from my collection, while the flowers are Primas, and the dots are from Stamping Bella. Those yummy looking flowers are milk chocolate from Laura Secord...YUM!!
I made this as a hostess gift for a friend, but I have since eaten the chocolate myself (whoops!) and will have to track down something else to put in there....hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!