Monday, May 25, 2009

Boards and Beams, love and dreams!


Is it the 25th already!!?? The last time I attempted the Papertrey Blog Hop was waaayyy back in January and as I sat down to type up my post that day....my water broke...yep. Robin was born January 25th...maybe I should have named her something fitting like Nichole? Or Paper? Ribbon? Nahhhh- Robin suits her perfectly!! So anyway, I'm glad to be back into the swing of things and participating this time around.

Here is the challenge this month:

"Spring and summer tend to be the most colorful out of the four seasons. One color in particular that evokes the warmer weather is yellow!!! Your challenge this month is to use this trendsetting color to the best of it's potential! You can use it in small pieces as an accent or as the main color. Experiment & play, discovering new color combos that perhaps you hadn't thought of before. No matter what, just have fun and enjoy the feeling of happiness that this cheerful color evokes!"


All products are Papertrey Ink, unless I have them linked elsewhere.
I used Boards and Beams for this card, and am going to send it off to a friend who recently bought her first home. I stamped the image and sentiment with Palette Noir ink and coloured the house in with Copics, adding some Spica glitter to the windows. I cut it out using my Top Note die cut by SU! and inked the edges with Lemon Tart ink. Papers used are Lemon Tart cardstock, White Stamper's Select and the Lemon Tart paper from the Bitty Dots collection. I also used the Lemon Tart Swiss Dots ribbon and buttons from the Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and Sweet Blush collections.

34 comments:

  1. I love your yellow house! This is one of my favorite sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, so soft and warm! And, I loved the story of your labor...hopefully tonight will be less eventful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to the blog hop! this set is perfect for the color yellow! you are the only one so far that has used it!! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card totally rocks!!! Awesome work and tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Love the layered buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so bright and cheery - I LOVE your buttons - if you have time - check out my Alzheimer's challenge on my blog - it's all about buttons and you could win some too! Glad to see you made it back to Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe Robin is close enough to ribbon to qualify. And since it is a little girl as she gets older she'll probably wear lots of ribbon. Congrats on a healthy baby girl! (still don't see why you couldn't hop that night, LOL!) Great card, so warm, love the little house and the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, congratulations! Now, I love your card! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the button treatment! The house stamp is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute! (Congrats on your new arrival!). Love the fun colors on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the little house on here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cute and a fellow Ontaritonian (??... lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the buttons. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice. love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love how you did the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very pretty card. The layered buttons are cute! Great design also...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's my favorite sentiment from the fab set! I love all your layered buttons! :>

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet layout and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is DARLING! love the buttons! CONGRATS on your sweet baby! (How sweet she wanted to come on blog hop night! :) )
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How adorable! I just love all the soft, pastel colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! Love the touch of buttons in the corner! Great job on your first PTI Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it. Definitely warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! Love the layered buttons...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your use of top notz and layering of your buttons.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your baby girl. Glad you are back participating again. Nice job on the card. Very soft and pretty. I especially like the double buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back to blog land mama! THis card is beautiful and I love the layered button accents!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely card! I love the layered buttons. Congratulations on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colors you paired together with yellow!! Fun card - it came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very lovely card :) I love those houses.

    ReplyDelete
  30. sooo cute! love how you used the top note die to accent your house and sentiment. cute buttons,too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The house looks great with the yellow paper and purple flowers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!