Friday, March 27, 2009

Eggs-citing baby gift!

I took inspiration from the Lucky Clucker and created my own little baby sock present for friends of ours expecting their first baby (a boy!) in May.

I used an egg carton that holds half a dozen eggs (clean and new, NOT used!) and painted the top half white, and the bottom half a baby blue colour that came from mixing a few different Making Memories paints together.

I used Spring Rain cardstock for the matting and White Stamper's Select for the main part. I ran it through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder (just the top half) and used the OTHER side of the folder, so the dots didn't pop 'out' (you know what I mean??). Then I scored 2 lines using my Scor Pal. The name I stamped using Simple Alphabet from Papertrey Ink (in graphite black) and used a Stampin' Up punch for the Lemon Tart circles, with a crystal in the middle.
The yellow ribbon was tied in a BIG bow with a bit of silver thread added (I hoped it would catched the sparkle of the crystals which I think worked). Then I attached a tag (Nestabilities) that was stamped using a sentiment from the Bitty Baby Blessings set by PTI. Another bit of bling and the outside was completed!
For the socks I balled them up really tight and tied them with misc. blue ribbon from Walmart. Then I used my Nestabilities for the plain and scalloped circles. You can see I stamped a few different sentiments from the Mixed Messages set by PTI and sponged ink all around the edges. The paper they are matted on comes from Bitty Dots patterned paper.
All in all, this was a cute gift that the mom-to-be LOVED! I was very happy with her reaction because it took me long enough to make it darn it! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous gift idea Marcie, so different and a great keepsake!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This so cool, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!