Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Teacher!!

Woohoo! I'm finally back in my cardmaking corner creating away! Robin is sleeping very well (as well as a 19 day old baby can...) so I actually have energy during the afternoon when both kids are sleeping to play around a bit with my supplies.

This card is a Valentine for my son's daycare teacher. Jake loves "Miss Jana-wynn" (his words). :)

This card uses Papertrey Ink's Teacher's Apple set, paired with Polka Dot Basics. I stamped my sentiment in Graphite Black ink, with the "Teachers" part in Pure Poppy, and cut it out using my Nestabilities, then sponged black ink around the edges. The matting for it is Pure Poppy cardstock, run through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder then cut out with Nestabilities once again. Ribbon is Pure Poppy also, with a little piece of black and white from my stash. The chipboard heart is Melissa Frances and was stamped with the smallest polka dots from the Polka Dot Basics set in Pure Poppy. I added a Bella bauble to the centre of it before adhering with foam dimensionals. The card base is Kraft and was stamped with Versamark with the same polka dot stamp as the heart. All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. I love it and I know that Miss Jana-wynn :) will love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done with this card. The colour combo is great and the layout fab. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!