Sunday, January 25, 2009

January Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!

Yahoo! Another Papertrey Ink blog hop!! It's been a few months since I've participated but this one CALLED to me. :)
Here's the details for this month's challenge...
With January being the beginning of the year, it is the perfect time to build up a stash of birthday cards! This month's challenge is to create your very best version of a birthday card. The card can be geared towards a female, male or child; it's your pick!
Here is my birthday card for that favourite teacher...
I used White Stamper's Select cardstock for my card base, layered with Kraft and black (the black being from Bazzil, since my PTI order hasn't arrived yet!!). The apple images are from Teacher's Apple set and were stamped in Spring Rain, Berry Sorbet and Plum Pudding, then cut out and popped up with dimensionals. I added Diamond Stickles to the details on the apples. The stem and leaf I stamped using Graphite Black ink on the kraft paper before adhering the apples. The sentiment "Happy Birthday" comes from the Birthday Basics set (I reach for this set EVERY time I make a birthday card!) and the "TEACHER" comes from the Teacher's Apple set. As a final touch I used 2 flatback pearls to accent the word teacher.
Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see all of YOUR creations!

3 comments:

  1. What a great apple set! Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the apples are great.
    Hope you are well, have a great weekend.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, love Papertrey Ink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!