Thursday, January 22, 2009

For my Husband

My wonderful husband's birthday is on Saturday, so here is what I created for him...

I know he reallllly wants a 40% RC plane for his birthday, but that just isn't happening! :) Sorry honey...maybe next year for your 30th??

Inspiration comes from TECC49. I used Papertrey Ink's Spring Rain and Summer Sunrise cardstock for this card; the yellow is Bazzil as my Lemon Tart was all gone! The white cardstock is something cheap and flimsy out of my scrap drawer. I stamped the Spring Rain cardstock with Spring Rain ink, using one of the polka dot stamps from the Polka Dots Basics set. The white circles were cut out using Nestabilities and run through my Big Shot using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The center of each one has a crystal brad from Making Memories. Finally, the "for my" and "Husband" come from the Men of Life stamp set. I didn't like how the "for my" looked stamped right on the yellow, so I stamped it again on white, cut it out and inked the edges with Spring Rain before adhering it. I should point out that both stamp sets, the Polka Dot Basics and Men of Life are from Papertrey Ink. The ribbon is of course, Spring Rain. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Marcie - I love the blue nad lemon colour combo and embossing.
    How you doing, hows baby?
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Everyone!

    How cute is that Birthday card that made for your husband! Such a good idea creating a home made Birthday card! ! I used to love art at school, but was never very good at it, but I really enjoy that creative element!
    With Valentines Day fast approaching, I guess this would be the perfect time to try and be experiment with crafts! I have also discovered an alternative way than buying cards in shops (if like me, you art skills look like a two year olds efforts) then this could be a solution!
    Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! I am getting really stressed out over Valentines Day already! Last year I was really down, and to compensate I ate A LOT of ice-cream! I really hope this year will be different! Don't you think there is always so much pressure on everyone to "get it right" with Valentines Day cards/booking meals way in advance/flowers/gifts... the list goes on!! However, I have found a new way to send greetings, and this all down to my lovely friend Alice. She sent me an e-Card for Christmas, (she was in New Zealand over the festive season) and I thought it was such a cool way to send greetings, I have now been converted!
    I have trawled the internet and have found some really cool sites, but my fav one so far is called http://www.ecards.co.uk I found it really easy to use and the best thing is that it's free! Lots of different themes of cards to choose from, and lots of funny, and cute ones too. There is a great application where you can load your own photos and add them to the card.(This is called Face It) I put one of my mum in there and sent it to her, he said it made her smile. You can load different photos of your friends into different cartoon characters! My favorite one is the cartoon of Elvis dancing!
    Just wanted to share my findings with you! Hope you have a good Valentines Day whatever you do!
    Love and Hugs! Nicole.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!