Monday, December 8, 2008

Get Well Soon!

Well now that I'm done my two craft sales this holiday season I can finally make some cards for myself and stock up! I sold out of everything!!! That's great except...now I'm busy making a whole bunch of Christmas cards for my own friends and family, not to mention the usual birthday, thank you, get well and sympathy!

I should have sent this card to myself this weekend...the 24 hour flu bug hit me hard on Saturday. I give credit to my delightful 2 year old Jake who probably passed it along from one his daycare friends. :) Oh well, I survived...although being diabetic, pregnant and sick with the flu is NOT fun!

This get well card was made using papers from Papertrey Ink- Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Remix patterned paper. I stamped the image in Versamark, embossed it in gold and cut it out, coloring in the flowers and stems with my Copic markers. I popped it up using dimensionals and matted it on cardstock that was cut using my Nestabilities. The bottom half of the card was dry embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and I left room for the sentiment- "Get Well Soon" from the Garden of Life set by Papertrey Ink.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Marcie, it is so elegant. I love the colour scheme and flowers.
    Hope you back on your feet soon, and there is the patter of tiny feet soon too!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie, this card is so pretty!! Love the colors you chose.
    I hope you are feeling better. As a diabetic myself I know how hard it is when you get the flu...not fun at all. Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card...and congrats on selling out on your 2 sales!!

    Sorry I've been MIA in our Sisterhood. Life has been crazy - and this time of year is filled with craft fairs for me. I'm so glad they're done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!