Monday, November 10, 2008

Take a break...

I used Amy Rysavy's sketch AMYRS45 for my inspiration on this card. I've had this Annie LaPoint image from MFT for awhile now and am finally inking it up!

I paper pieced the tub onto some of the solid coloured paper included in the Basic Grey Granola 6x6 pack, and coloured in the rest of the image with my Copics. I added Diamond Stickles to the flowers, and sponged Polar Ice Versacolor around the edges before matting it. The corners were punched using my SU! Ticket punch, and the brads are from...hm...I don't remember! The rest of the papers are also from the Granola pack (I love the colours in this pack!!). The flowers are those white shimmery ones you can buy in a big tub at Michael's...I used my Copics to colour them a matching shade to the patterned paper and used the same brads for the flower centres. That's about it for card details!

My weekend was a cardmaker's dream...well, my particular cardmaker's dream anyway! TWO stops at my favourite stamping store!! Wahhooo! Saturday my mom and I went to a Christmas Bazaar (craft sale, whatever you want to call it) and then afterwards, of course, stopped in at The Paper Pickle where we spent lotsa $$ :) Unfortunately our stay was not long, since we had my son Jake with us (he's 2) and he must of inherited his dad's and grandfather's genes for NOT liking cardmaking stores at all! While we were there we noticed that the next day was their Christmas Open House, so of COURSE we had to back on Sunday and spend more $$. Except this time they had cookies and cider AND I found a sitter to watch Jake, which made both of us happy :) After a lovely make-and-take Christmas card (which I will post someday soon) we got out there in a hurry before our VISAs blew up! :)

Hope everyone else had a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love this image and your card! I saw it IRL and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi marcie! i just wandered over here from my sister's blog--she did a fabulous job on your blog design!! i love it!! this MFT card rocks, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card love the BG granola papersI'm reminded when I used to take my little man to patchwork and quilting shops - just like his dad, no love lost there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - love those colors (and now I'm reminded that I got the same paper pack and haven't even opened the darn thing!!) - thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!