Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Busy days ahead!

I'm wimping out on cards lately...I've been busy!! I promise lots more creative stuff coming your way soon... :)

This one used my new Ripe Avocado cardstock from Papertrey Ink, paired with White Stamper's Select ran through the Cuttlebug Ornaments folder. I also embossed a small piece of Ripe Avocado and cut out the ornament, popping it up with dimensionals and using my Gold Leafing marker to colour the top. The ribbon is adhesive, which was wonderful to stick on, but not so wonderful to tie a knot with!

My mom and I hosted a card-making class last night at the local library, so I'll be sure to post a picture of the card that I taught...I think everyone had fun and they all seemed to catch on rather quickly. We did one last Valentine's Day which was frustrating me for because I'm NOT a good teacher and get frustrated easily when people don't "get it" as fast as I think they should...or when they misuse my supplies :( But this group seemed a little beyond the beginner stage and were genuinely interested in card-making and I think they went home happy with the cards they made. At least, I thought they all made beautiful cards! Now it's just preparing for 2 more craft sales, getting baby thank-yous and announcements reading for our little one (arriving around Feb. 2nd) and finishing up a baby album for my FIRST son, let alone this new one! :) Easy peasy! :)

2 comments:

  1. That bauble is so effective with the ribbon and white embossing. A lovely card.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it's simplicity a lovely card
    Good luck with your teaching xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!