Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh Baby! It's Thanksgiving!

I made this card for a girlfriend who was expecting, all of us friends 100% sure she was having another boy. Well...surprise! It was a girl, so it's back to the drawing board! Oh well, it will get used somehow I'm sure!

What a quick and easy card to do! I picked up these pretty chipboard letters from Walmart the other day (don't really like that place, but it certainly is cheap!) and decided to make them the focal point of a baby card.

The card base is White Stamper's Select, run through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. Then I swiped some Adirondack Mushroom ink over the raised bumps and tied around the sheer brown polka-dot ribbon. The letters are from K & Company and already came distressed and inked, and were adhesive backed, so all I had to do was stick em' on! A final touch was a pale blue safety pin through the knot of the ribbon. I think it just gives it something 'extra'.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians! Try not to each TOO much turkey and stuffing. :) I know I lucked out and don't have to cook for three nights in a row...I knew there was a bonus to buying a small house...no hosting duties for me! :)

2 comments:

  1. what a shame...you'll have to reproduce it in pink!
    Lovely card, I like the idea of inking the swiss dots!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cool Marcie, I love those letters and how you have used them. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!