Monday, October 6, 2008

My baby's birthday! *sigh*

My BABY is going to be TWO this Saturday... it's hard to believe. Time flies by so fast and now there is another one on the way in February! Ooooohhhh I'm gonna be busy! :)

I made this birthday card for Jake using the criss-cross card tutorial on SCS. Check it out-- super easy to do!

I used a Whipper Snapper image (bought from my LSS- The Town Scrapper) for the inside and coloured it in with my Copics, adding Diamond Stickles here and there. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment comes from Close to My Heart. The tab was done using the SU! tab punch, and I stapled it on with Making Memories decorative staples (afterwards I wished I hadn't done that...kinda looks junky). The orangey-coloured paper is Summer Sunrise cardstock from Papertrey Ink.

The outside of the card uses designer paper from DCWV and cardstock from Bazzil. The yellow band is Bazzil cardstock, with orange rickrack ribbon, and a #2 (for his birthday!!) from a Penny Black numbers collection (also coloured with Copics).

I like this card, but am going to (of course) make another one to see if I can do it better!

2 comments:

  1. Marcie this is gorgoeus. I love the card and the image, and the envelope is fab.
    Its amazing how time flies, my little one was 2 at the beginning of September and I still can't believe that she is that old!
    Hope your little one has a fab birthday.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww this is gorgeous i love the design and great image
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!