Monday, October 27, 2008

The Joy of the Christmas Season...

From the picture, this card looks a little more 'raggedy' than it does IRL. :) I like the way it turned out though...a little shabby chic.

I stamped my sentiment in Versamark on White Stamper's Select cardstock and embossed it with silver EP. All edges of the papers were distressed using my Heidi Swapp distressing tool. This sounds weird but, I've found that if you lick your finger and run it along the edges of the paper before you start distressing, it gives you a rougher edge.

The pale blue cardstock is from Bazzil, and the shimmery silver is from my LSS but I think it's made by The Paper Company. I ran it through my Swiss Dots embossing folder and tied around it some silver and white ribbon that are both from Papertrey Ink's September release. I also used my silver leafing pen to highlight around the edges. The snowflake I cut out from some patterned paper and covered in glitter. I then added a clear button and silver bauble to finish it off!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, stunning and elegant all rolled into one lovely card. Fantastic Marcie, it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card and I love that little snowflake xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish card - really lovely!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what an elegant card marcie x
    i love the sentiment you have chosen .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!