Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy World Cardmaking Day!!

Happy World Cardmaking Day! Isn't' this a wonderful day just for us crafters? :) I had planned on having some girlfriends over for a day of cardmaking but it seems like the cold weather/busy season is keeping everyone at home or elsewhere. I guess I'll have to find some other way to celebrate!

This card uses Papertrey Ink's vellum, which I've had in my stash for awhile but have not used yet...glad to say I finally have and am excited about the results! It is so thick that it scores and folds easily without yucky creases. And you can stamp on it perfectly! The white insert is stamper's select cardstock also from PTI. Flowers and sentiment are from the Garden of Life stamp set, and are stamped in Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss and Graphite Black, with Diamond Stickles added to the flower centres. Ribbon is Berry Sorbet stitched ribbon. Actually, all materials are from Papertrey Ink, except the Graphite Black ink! The white insert was attached to the vellum using a small amount of glue dots, and the ribbon conveniently covers it!

Have a GREAT crafting day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the soft colours on this Marcie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Cardmaking day to you too!! This card is gorgeous Marcie - I love the subtly of colour, and such a lovely image.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!