Wednesday, September 3, 2008

IC143 with some Floral Whimsy!

This card was for last week's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. I love the hotel rooms that were chosen as the inspiration- and I picked the middle one. The green and white patterns really stood out to me, and I tried to incorporate a lot of it into my own card.

I used my new Argyle Cuttlebug folder for the green cardstock (this is a SU! shade but I'm afraid I can't remember what it's called right now!?) and brushed a white ink pad over it to emphasize the pattern. The green is matted on white and kraft cardstock (both from Papertrey Ink), and all corners are rounded with my corner punch. The sentiment comes from the Floral Whimsy stamp set by Verve Visual and was stamped in Graphite Black ink and cut out using a Marvy rectangle punch. It's matted on light blue that was also cut out using a punch. The ribbon is misc. from my stash, and the big white plastic flower is Queen & Co., while the others are Prima. The button is from my sewing basket :)

I'm sure you've read the little 'about me' blurb at the top of my blog that says I'm a librarian right? Well let me tell you- the BEST part of my job by far is all the books I get to read :) I just finished Clapton- the Autobiography by Eric Clapton and I highly recommend it! Next on my list is downloading more Clapton music :) Anyone else have a good book they'd like to share with me?

5 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration from the hotel room, great card!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the inspiration challenge! I've been reading the Janet Evonovich books (ie Stephanie Plum)--they are too funny! I also read the Kite Runner lately; very good as well. Will have to check the Clapton book out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great creation with that room as inspiration!! Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie this is a fab card, and draws well on the inspiration.
    ot sure I would won't to stay in that hotel mind - a bit too green for me!!
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marcie this is gorgeous, can you believe I bought this folder today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!